Page Banner
Section Divider

City Services > Ask the City

Our citizens are our customers and we want to make your experience with the City of Canby as easy and as pleasant as possible. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about your government. Also below the contact information are some answers to several frequently asked questions.
Email to City of Canby
For questions regarding upcoming events, general city-related questions, or website comments/suggestions
503-266-7961 (FAX)
U.S. Mail
City of Canby
222 NE 2nd Avenue
PO Box 930, Canby Oregon 97013

How do I report a streetlight that is out?
Streetlights that have burned out or flicker can be reported to the City's Public Works Department by calling (503) 266-0798.
You can also email the City's customer service desk at

When are the city's streets swept?

The City sweeps all curbed public streets once a month on Thursday and Friday:

  • 1st week: NW section of town is swept
  • 2nd week: SW section of town is swept
  • 3rd week: NE section of town is swept
  • 4th week: SE section of town is swept

What is the schedule for the Canby Ferry?
The Canby Ferry is operated by Clackamas County even though it is named Canby. The ferry is once again crossing the Willamette River between Canby and Wilsonville seven days a week except on major holidays and when teh water level rises to 70 feet or higher. The crossing fare is $5 for cars and pick-up trucks, $10 for vehicles with trailers, and $2 for motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians. More information about the ferry is at

I'm a new resident in town. How do I sign up for utilities?
The City provides Sewer and Street maintenance services. You can sign up by calling Utility Billing at (503) 266-0640. Water and Electricty are provided through Canby Electric. You can sign up by calling (503) 266-1156.

Can I hold a BBQ in a City Park?
BBQs are allowed in City parks as long as no turf or tables are damaged in the cooking process. City parks include: Community Park, Locust Street Park, Maple Street Park, Legacy Park and Wait Park. Parks do not have power available and users are not allowed to drive cars into parks. For Legacy and Maple Street Parks, please check on the scheduling of sports events by contacting Canby Kids. Their schedules are available online at by calling (503) 266-5437, or by emailing Other than scheduled sporting events, parks are available on a first come first serve basis.
Last update: July 13, 2017